NAMM 2016 and Hotone Coming!
NAMM 2016 was...loud. To those of you who haven't been, imagine a Guitar Center on Saturday at 4pm x 1 million.
Anyhow here's the CP report:
- Lots of the usual suspects. Guitar wankery galore, heavy metal burnouts and their busty girlfriends.
- Moog had the coolest booth where you could chill with cactus
- And of course a lot of companies were rehashing all sorts of pricey overdrives, boosts, and delays in mini form as is the rage now.
- But also there were a lot of weird handheld device integration with pedals, allowing you to tweak settings from your iPhone or what not. This seems weird and counter intuitive. I thought the whole point was simplicity with pedals? Anyhow the pedal business seems to be pulling in two directions: 1) toward the analog "vintage" stone ages or 2) interconnected device utopia. I'm not a fan of either.
- Met with the Electro Faustus guys. Super cool guys with a good work ethic and they're coming out with a really unique pedal called the Guitardammerung that's some sort of matching phase, distortion thing that sounded really different. Stay tuned for it!
- Met a young gentleman from New Zealand named Lee who's pedals were the sexiest things I've ever seen! They had knobs that glowed and changed colors and a slider instead of typical knobs. (Sorry for the bad photos) Not cheap, but sounded great, looked like sex, and Lee was working hard on his little business. Kudos!
And finally yes, we're going to start carrying Hotone pedals. A lot of customers have been asking about them and we checked them out and they seemed to be doing good stuff so we'll start carrying them. Going to be working on putting them up on the site. Their best selling pedal is a volume/wah pedal in one!